Indulge This Valentine’s With the Valentine’s Day Oopsie Roll Cake
Don’t let Valentine’s Day hinder your weight loss program. Now you can indulge in a delicious, mouth-watering Valentine’s Day dessert without it adding to your waistline. This Valentine’s Day says “I love you” the healthy way with the Oopsie Roll Cake. This savory dessert topped with fresh strawberries and fat-free cool whip tastes like a calorie-laden sweet indulgence without all the calories. So let someone know how much you care this Valentine’s Day but in a healthy way.
- 3 large eggs (room temperature, separated)
- 1 packet of Splenda or Stevia (1 packet = about 1/4 tbsp.)
- 1 small package sugar-free strawberry jell-o
- 1 dash salt
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 4 oz. fat-free cream cheese (cold)
Cake Topping Ingredients:
- sliced strawberries
- cool whip free
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees
- In a small glass or stainless steel bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar for about 3-5 minutes or until stiff and dry (the egg whites should look/feel like meringue)
- In a separate bowl, mix Splenda or Stevia, salt, Jell-O and cream cheese with yolks
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray or use parchment paper. Spoon the mixture on the sheet and form into a heart shape
- Bake about 30 minutes. Let the cake cool for a few minutes, then remove to a rack and allow to cool completely
- Slice strawberries and cover the top of the heart-shaped cake. Spread a thin layer of Cool Whip Free over the cake. Enjoy!
For more mouth-watering, healthy recipes like Valentine’s Day Oopsie Roll cake, visit our Recipes page. Calla Slimspa wants to help you stay true to your weight loss program which is why we provide our patients and you with lots of tasty recipes that help detract from your waistline instead of add to it. Get healthy with Calla Slimspa, located in beautiful Winter Park, Florida.
Photo courtesy of Calla Slimspa.