Fat Loss Fun
Contrary to what many people think, losing weight can be fun. Sure, eating carrots might not make your taste-buds do a happy dance the same way that cookie dough ice cream does, but there are things you can do to make your weight loss journey more exciting.
Try the following suggestions to make losing weight more exciting.
- Experiment with different types of meats like bison, elk, deer, and alligator.
- Replace boring workouts with high-intensity interval training. Try 30-second sprints this week.
- Grab a buddy for your workout. A buddy system can keep you motivated and make workouts more enjoyable.
- Pop a fish oil pill daily. They have been shown to burn belly fat.
- Dine-in on date night. Skip the restaurant and opt to cook a healthy dinner with your significant other.
- Make cooking a creative endeavor. Try swapping out high-calorie ingredients for healthier options in your favorite recipes.
- Plan healthy girls or guys night. Have everyone bring a healthy food item and play Wii instead of sitting around drinking or watching a movie.
- Commit to a 5k with friends. Then set-up a training schedule and prepare yourself for success.
- Invest in a Wii or Xbox Kinect. Instead of sitting on your butt watching tv at night, spend an hour playing a fun, stress-relieving game that keeps you moving.
- Treat yourself to a new workout outfit. Feeling good about the way you look when your workout will help keep you motivated.
- If you think you’re working out hard enough, commit to pushing yourself harder to continually challenge yourself.
- Try a variety of activities to keep you up and moving. Don’t let your workout routines bore you. Try something new each month to keep it exciting.
- Walk more! Take the stairs, park further from the entrance to the building, get up from your desk more, take a lap around the building at lunch.
- Dump your “fat clothes.” Getting rid of your old clothes that are now too big forces you to stay focused on getting and staying fit.
- Put a stop to emotional eating. Find other ways to unwind when feeling stressed or overly emotional. (I’ve found that playing Just Dance on the Wii does the trick every time)
- Trim the fat. Get rid of anything or anyone in your life that causes or contributes to your weight gain.
- Take an adventurous vacation. Skip daiquiris on the beach this year. Opt for a vacation that will keep you moving and burning calories.
To stay motivated, make losing weight fun. Keep a positive mindset and try to have fun with losing weight instead of seeing it as a chore.
And, if you’re interested in losing weight with a diet program that has proven success and regulates the amount of refined sugar in your diet, contact Calla Slimspa Medical Weight Loss Center in Winter Park today.
We’ve helped thousands of local Orlando residents lose weight and keep it off with our medically supervised weight loss program. But don’t take our word, check out our real patient weight loss success stories.